Measuring circularity gives you a reference point, generates actions for improvement and shows you and your (future) customers the results of your efforts. If you are a strategist, sustainability manager or designer in the manufacturing industry, this masterclass will provide you with the necessary guidance and insights to get started measuring and monitoring the circularity of products and services.
New circular products and business models throughout the value chain are driving innovation and creating jobs. More and more companies are embracing circular strategies to meet the growing demand for circular products and services.
- But how do you set ambitions and focus innovation within the complex circular story?
- How can you measure the circular ambitions and performance of your company, product or value chain?
- How can your company ensure that it is making progress?
These and many other questions will be answered during the masterclass organised by VITO, Sirris and Agoria. Experts from pioneering companies such as HaTwee and Sura Impact will share their research and implementation experiences. Throughout the day, interactive exercises will guide you through the first steps, so that after this masterclass you can start working on determining which aspects of circularity are best to measure, based on which data streams, and how to integrate them into your business processes.
How can we effectively measure the circular initiatives and performance of our product/company/value chain? For example, for the purposes of your sustainability strategy, CSRD, EU Green Claims, security of supply, reporting…
What to expect
- Cases and testimonials by leading companies in the manufacturing industry.
- A hands-on approach to get started measuring circularity for your products in an effective and pragmatic way.
- Interactive guidance from our experts.
- Peer-to-peer knowledge sharing with the other participants and companies that have gone before you.
- A reading list of articles and relevant publications, and an overview of useful tools to apply within your own business context.
- 9:00 – 9:30 Welcome + Introduction
- 9:30 – 10:30 SESSIE 1 – General framework
- 10:30 – 10:45 Break
- 10:45 – 12:00 SESSIE 2 – Focus on the strategic level
- 12:00 – 13:00 Lunch
- 13:00 – 14:30 SESSIE 3 – Focus on circularity within the innovation process
- 14:30 – 14:45 Break
- 14:45 – 15:45 SESSIE 4 – Getting started and sharing insights
- 15:45 – 16:00: Wrap-up
When will you get the most out of this Masterclass?
- As a sustainability manager or innovator, you want to improve the circularity and sustainability of your products or activities and are looking for ways to measure and monitor circularity.
- Your company is exploring or has already taken the first steps towards circularity.
- The target group includes companies and organisations in the manufacturing industry that have an impact on material flows and/or on physical products.
- Participants: R&D managers, compliance officers, C-level management, CSR environment & sustainability managers, product engineers, data managers, marketing managers, etc.
Please note! The number of participants for this Masterclass is limited to 20.
Companies based in Flanders pay only 373 euros (excl. VAT) thanks to VLAIO’s support under the #industrypartnership project. The participation fee for this masterclass is €1,245 (excl. VAT) for companies outside Flanders.
This masterclass is part of the Industry Partnership within which 17 Flemish innovation partners offer integrated services to stimulate growth and innovation in Flemish industry in the 3 following themes: Digitisation, Sustainability & Industry 4.0. They do so under the leadership of Agoria and Sirris and with the support of Agentschap Innoveren & Ondernemen.
June 15, 2023.
This pots Masterclass – Hoe meet ik circulariteit? – VITO, Agoria, Sirris first appeared in Dutch on the VITO website.
Visit Circulariteit: meten is weten, zolang je maar weet wat je meet & hoe je communiceert | VITO for more information on VITO’s vision for measuring circularity.
Image credit: VITO