Circular Ship Design
On November 14, 2023, at the Maritime Campus Antwerp (BE)
How can we make ships stay relevant longer in fast changing times?
That is the key question for this session. We want to see how ship information can be stored centrally so that ships can be upgraded and re-purposed quickly and efficiently.
What if ships could be…
- More effective: Utilize vessels to their maximum potential
- Easily upgradable: Seamlessly adapt to the latest technologies
- Worth more: Maintain their worth over time and have a higher residual value
- Used longer: Expand the lifespan
- Adaptable to change: Lead the way in our energy transition
- Driving the circular economy: Contribute to carbo neutrality and green shipping
Inspired by Cocreative systems in the building sector (BIM) and in aerospace, would it be possible to design Ship Information Systems that are the basis for digital twins of ships and can be used to codesign and cocreate ship upgrades as new technology becomes available.
- 16:00 Doors open
- 16:30 Welcome, introduction to the track by Circular Ports
- 16:45 Inspiration Keynote by switchrs
- 17:30 Future scenario exploration (exercise) by switchrs
- 18:00 Feedback round by switchrs
- 18:15 Closure & inviting participants to expand on the scenario’s while networking by MCA
- 18:30 Networking & reception
MCA Community brings together different stakeholders to talk about innovation within the maritime sector and to take concrete action.
- Ship Design Depts
- BIM-like cocreation platforms
- Digital Twin providers
- Students Maritime Engineering
- Students IT
- Professors AMA / AMS
Date, venue and registration
Tuesday 14 November 2023
Maritime Campus Antwerp (MCA)
De Gerlachekaai 20, 2000 Antwerp (BE)
Register below to attend this session (16:30 – 18:30 @MCA LABS or online)
This inspiration session is co-organised by Circular Flanders/Circular Ports and MCA Labs, and facilitated by Switchers: